In this chapter, titled "The Arrow, the Eye, and the Lyre," the author examines the esoteric underpinnings and ultimate trajectory of modern human civilization
We live in a culture fundamentally grounded in reason, even though those very rational assumptions are considerably permeated with elements of the irrational. That culture did not fall from the heavens or arrive out of nowhere. It stems from that which already existed. It was produced through a series of reductions and deductions, breakthroughs and expansions, focus and dissipation. Its intention is to establish an endless memory, stretching both toward the past and into the future. Many of its pioneers were brilliant dreamers, with all their passions, strengths, and weaknesses. This produced absurdities and insurmountable contradictions that have plagued this very culture since its earliest beginnings.
Nearly three decades ago, I had a significant dream. Dense clouds covered the sky, and for days neither the Sun, nor the Moon, let alone the stars, could be seen. An apocalyptic twilight covered the Earth. The guardians of illusion were convincing the public that it was a natural phenomenon, and that it was necessary to somehow get used to the new reality—to adapt, to change habits, lifestyles, and even ways of thinking. "Turn to the Earth!" they shouted. "Let us protect our Mother! We are her children!" In the dream, I sensed that something was deeply wrong, not merely with society and the authorities, but with the universe itself—and that the elite knew it, but were hiding it.
In the meantime, I went to the highest mountain and, with great effort, climbed to its peak, practically touching the sky itself, embodied in massive metallic clouds. All the while, a massive grinding sound was heard in the background, which, as I realized on that occasion, came from the friction of these metallic clouds. I was astonished and amazed at how it was possible for metallic clouds to float and completely seal the sky. Yet, they had not closed the sky entirely, for there were fissures. Since I had climbed the peak at night, I managed to scramble through a large fissure onto a massive leaden cloud to enjoy the stars that were hidden from the Earth below.
Only then was I truly stunned. Above the leaden clouds, there was nothing—no moonlight, no stars—only a blank black sky, an infinite void. Then a terrifying thought shook me: half of the universe had been swallowed by nothingness. I stared into that nothingness, which stirred and writhed voluptuously. I had discovered the secret that the earthly authorities were hiding from the people. The ordinary world was not allowed to learn that all the stars and the Moon had been swallowed, and that only the Sun barely managed to hold on, slowly gravitating toward dropping beneath the horizon, after which our world would be eternally bound in darkness. The elite had a plan...
In what did the plan of the Masters consist? They intended to hide the approach of nothingness from the public for as long as possible, hurrying to buy themselves a little more time by digging deep shafts and building dwellings as deep underground as possible. That is what they always do—buying a little more time, and a little more, and a little more... In the dream, I also visited those deep pits, and descending into the deepest and darkest one, I lay down and pressed my ear to the ground, listening to the dull rumbling from the depths. Then I realized something that even the elite did not know: that nothingness had already swallowed the center of the Earth, and that it was rising from below in equal measure as it was descending from above, for as above, so below.
The human world had rapidly shrunk, which was visibly absurd, as humans had practically already mastered the Arrow, the Eye, and the Lyre. How was that possible then? Time had accelerated, and the world had shrunk. Meanwhile, the scouts of the encroaching nothingness were advancing daily, taking new and closer positions. Then I decided to do something—or rather, to do nothing. To be clearer in this ambiguity: I chose an absurd stance, resolved to join the nothingness by becoming nothingness myself. The jaws of nothingness swallowed me. Thus, it gained its voice in man. Since then, when I speak, that nothingness speaks; when I breathe, nothingness breathes; when I laugh, nothingness laughs; when I dream, nothingness dreams; when I am silent, nothingness is silent. That act I named the "Divine Revolution of Catastrophe," whose instigators, inspirers, and secret chiefs reside within nothingness itself. No one can join the Revolution without first becoming nothingness completely, without remainder. Woe to him who, on that occasion, thinks to retain even a single atom of a selfhood composed of the elements!
Of what significance is this dream of mine for the theme of the spirit of the modern world and its fate? Somehow I know that it is connected, given that the dream pertains to the world and time in which I exist. I have no convincing explanation. Besides, every explanation is in some way vulgar and desecrates the narrative of the vision. Yet, let us say that the demons* whom the pioneers of modernity inadvertently invoked and built into the foundations of the New Age—like computer viruses—executed a spiritual subversion of those very foundations, invoking the vanguards of nothingness, for it is in their nature to do so. Esoterically speaking, the world composed of the four elements is in a state of dissolution.
* Let us use the word demons as a convention, but let it be clear that these are not demons in the Christian sense, but rather archetypal forces that precede every religion.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Even an explanation like this seems meaningless and entirely unusable, although tailored to the opinion and taste of modern minds. How to explain what elements are in an esoteric sense? If I say Fire, Water, Air, Earth, that means nothing, since these are analogies referring to certain qualities and contents. If we say that connected to these qualities and contents are certain forms of consciousness that exist in a way incomprehensible and considerably abstract to us, only then does the whole matter take on a twisted dimension. And if we add to that assertion that human beings and human consciousness are permeated and built of those qualities and contents, and that everything that exists, has existed, and ever will exist is linked and interwoven with the subtle strings of those qualities and contents, even then we will not be a step closer to an acceptable explanation.
Ultimately, the elements as qualities and contents, though mixed together, represent completely separate planes of existence that have distinct structures and laws. Within those structures are clearly defined and almost infinite hierarchies of entities. Anyone who has even superficially read classical Hermetic literature or modern researchers of the traditions of occultism, Hermeticism, alchemy, and similar fields can testify to the lists, inventories, names, and attributes of these hierarchies. Just as every hierarchy has someone at the top, so too do these hierarchies have their presiding entities.
It is precisely in the mystery of the presiding entities that the key facts explaining the cause of the catastrophe of the human world reside. Why is the world of mixed elements, in which our current existence is submerged, dissolving? Let us call the presiding entities of the elemental hierarchies the Guardians. Each of them has its own nature. That nature is precisely such that a world composed of elements cannot exist if each of the Guardians is active in the fullness of that nature. In short, they must subdue a good portion of their attributes—that is, they need to sleep in some way. Of course, if all of them were asleep, the world would again be unable to function. Therefore, the Great Architect of the Universe, let us call him that, decided that three Guardians should fall into a slumber, while only one of them remains awake. The element whose guardian remained awake is Air, thanks to which the creation of human species and the general dynamics of the world were made possible.
Then the demons stepped onto the scene. Following the impulses of their nature, they simply began to awaken the sleeping Guardians from their deep slumber. Of course, they are not easily awakened. But with persistent and sustained noise, sooner or later, they will succeed. In fact, they are certainly succeeding, because demons possess that power. Where do demons come from? In accordance with this explanation, their nature is tied to Air, which is their parent element. The wakefulness of the Guardian of Air, in this sense, besides enabling the creation of humans, also connected the human world with the demonic.
Yet, the power of demons could not bring the world of four elements into question were it not for human activity. On their own, they could never achieve it. The human element served as an amplifier or a soundboard for the transmission of demonic frequencies that awaken the Guardians. The cacophony of the modern world favored the strengthening of those demonic frequencies.
The human world would have lasted significantly longer had it not been for the simultaneously emancipatory and suicidal civilizational dynamics of the last five centuries. What is the alternative? When this question is posed, the first common-sense reaction would move in the direction of resistance or preventing the realization of the presented course of events. To such a line of thought, I would oppose the idea of the "Divine Revolution of Catastrophe," which aims at accelerating the process of annihilation, for the end of the world of four elements is not the end of life. The perspectives of the encroaching nothingness, from the optic of the Revolution, are seen as a meta-worldly environment composed of the fifth element.
The modern mind, accustomed to its own standards, would have many objections to this story. And that is fine, for this story is not intended for the modern mind. The first objection would pertain to the anthropocentrism and geocentrism of this viewpoint—for goodness' sake, the universe is infinite and composed of billions of worlds. Why would events on an insignificant little planet have cosmic significance? Why is Earth important, and why are humans important?
The method of habitual human perception created tools and measuring instruments with which we established the infinity of the universe as a fact, yet we are unable to move a step toward stellar magnitudes. By those very same means and methods, we practically cannot detach ourselves from the Earth. Therefore, the boundaries of our physical scope are simultaneously the boundaries of the universe. Beyond that are spheres which, no matter how close they might seem in the parameters of modern astrophysics, are actually unreachable. Beyond Pluto lies a terrifying abyss. Other destinations in the solar system are inaccessible to us. What is Pluto? What is Saturn? What is Jupiter? They are vast, non-human spaces that have significance only if we observe them from Earth and treat them within the categories of ancient stellar science. For them to be accessible to us, we must cease being human and become something else. We cannot exist outside the Earth; therefore, a catastrophe on Earth is simultaneously a cosmic catastrophe.
The order established by the mixing and harmonizing of the four elements also determined the order in our consciousness. In such an order, celestial bodies, galaxies, and an astronomically shaped space or world exist, which we perceive through instruments. In that order, the Earth exists as a sphere, with all its contents, including human beings. That order can also strive toward change and assume completely different qualities that in no way fit into our daily—or even scientific, provable, and proven—perceptual-cognitive mold. Hence, it is meaningless to question this tale using the means and methods of the everyday perceptual-cognitive mold; rather, it can be questioned and challenged only from the standpoint of a magical or entirely different perceptual-cognitive viewpoint.
If I use the word tale, let it be clear that this does not mean its narrative is untrue. It merely means it lies outside the domain of conventional verification. Even if its components were arbitrary, its final outcome is not. Someone might reasonably ask how I can be sure of what I say? How do I know I am not in delusion? That is a question for those who still believe there is some external confirmation of truth. I have no such confirmation, and that is precisely what makes my truth my own. Regardless of that, I have no doubts, because what I present is not in the domain of faith, but of vision.
And again, someone may reasonably ask how I know that my vision is not an illusion? To that, too, I have no good answer. The only thing I have is the experience of nothingness. From that standpoint, there is no lie and no truth, nor any duality whatsoever; rather, everything merges into the infinite One. The experience of nothingness is a non-human experience and represents an exit from the mold of humanity. Outside that mold, the world looks completely different. The time is coming for the shattering of the mold and a great transformation—not one that will bring a new order, but one that will transcend the very need for order. That is the moment invoked by the Divine Revolution of Catastrophe.
Related Articles:
Baphomithras: Awakening from the Matrix: Free Will, Systemic Control, and Revolution
Baphomithras: The Camps of Humanity and the Divine Revolution in the Age of Aquarius
NOTE:
Originally published in Serbian. This English version is an AI-assisted translation of the original text.

No comments:
Post a Comment